BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 15, 2010

Procrastination

Procrastination. It sounds like a positive word, doesn't it? I mean, it starts with the prefix "pro-"... that usually means something positive. Alas, all it does is make me crazy. My work piles up. Pages are not written. I mentally beat myself up because I folded the laundry or took a brief stroll outdoors to mingle with the chickens instead of pounding away on my worn out keyboard.

That reminds me... do other writers have the problem of the letters wearing off of their keyboard? So far I'm missing the E, the D, the C, the N and the M and several more are threatening to be unrecognizable.

See? There I go again. Procrastinating. That's why I'm writing this blog post instead of working on my book. I was a good girl and wrote all day for work, though. I have been reading with interest some of the query letters, first pages and even first chapters from other writers at Agent Query. My mind catches all the little typos, grammatical gaffs and other boo boos. I've always enjoyed editing... I wonder what it takes to be an editor? It may be fun to be a book doctor... I could see myself helping others to perfect their masterpieces before they send them on to their agents or publishers...

Hmmm. This will take further investigation. Heck, I used to correct the handouts my English teacher gave me in high school and hand them back to him for correction. LOL When I graduated, I got him a spelling dictionary since I wouldn't be around to fix his errors. Maybe I'm really just an editor waiting to spread my wings and fly.

Or maybe I'm still procrastinating. Still, this is an intriguing thought...

0 comments: