BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 1, 2010

Writing Daily

I am reading a lot of blogs, writing forums and more about how to succeed as a writer. They all say, "Write every day!" Well, I do write every day, whether I want to or not. It's my job. Today, for instance, I wrote about 3,000 words... for work. I need to find a way to divide my time so I can still work enough to get paid and still have time to write my own stuff. I need to write on my book. I need to write for our Organic Birth website. I need to write for our Rakestraw Reads website. I need to read some books sitting here on my table so I can write reviews of them. There must be a way to do everything I need to do and still feed the animals, tend to the kids, fold the laundry and occasionally take a bath. Here it is, almost midnight and I am finally posting here. It will work out... I just need to figure out a decent schedule. Unfortunately, articles for work may take 20 minutes each or they may take a couple hours each, depending on how much research I need to do and how many times I get interrupted. At least I found a way to work on my artwork... I sketch or paint during the few minutes every day that it takes for my computer to turn on. Too bad I write on the computer and not on paper, huh?

0 comments: